Author Topic: Newbie on an interview with Arriva north... Expectations?  (Read 258 times)

TheSilverback

Newbie on an interview with Arriva north... Expectations?
« on: December 02, 2016, 12:36:22 AM »
Bonjour people, newbie here wanting advice/guidance and general info on what to expect at interview with arriva north.... I have a Lgv c licence so do I upgrade that and take the test? Dcpc too? All info appreciated

Thanks

rriggs

• Administrator
  • Working for: Golden Boy Coaches
Re: Newbie on an interview with Arriva north... Expectations?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 10:57:45 AM »
Hi

Welcome to the forum!

I've not got any experience myself but from what other people have told me over the years, you can expect a mixture of driving/driving rules questions plus general work experience, customer service scenarios, etc.  Nothing that would surprise or trick you that I know of.

Is your DCPC just from periodical training or did you take the initial DCPC when you passed your LGV test?  I suspect that you will need to do the whole lot again for your PCV...  :cryin_smilie:

There is an expert knocking about on here who will be able to answer that question more accurately if he pops by...  :thumb_yello:

Cheers

Rog
I bet Einstein turned himself all kinds of colours before he invented the lightbulb

TheSilverback

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 11:23:52 AM »
Thanks Rog..... I gained my CPC on an initial pass in August, does that also mean I will be doing haz perc all again or?....

All info is taken on board and appreciated

rriggs

• Administrator
  • Working for: Golden Boy Coaches
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 12:25:18 PM »
Our expert might correct me on this but I think if you have done your initial (rather than just periodical) to get your DCPC you only have to do one of the modules again.

I know if it's from periodical only you have to do the whole lot but you will get away wil some of it.

Cheers

Rog
I bet Einstein turned himself all kinds of colours before he invented the lightbulb