Author Topic: SAINT ANDREWS  (Read 1356 times)

Kevan Portas

• VIP Member
  • Working for: Craske Coaches. Catfield, Norfolk.
Re: SAINT ANDREWS
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 07:29:00 PM »
Hey Alam. You mention the wee timorous beastie. Don't forget the sonsie face. Great chieftain o the puddin race.

Miss it all. Even went to the home of Cullen Skink. :licklips: .
😜 "I wish I'd listened to what my mother said."
😳 "Why, what did she say?".
😜 "I don't know, I wasn't listening".

MalcolmM15

• VIP Member
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2016, 06:08:38 PM »
I`m sitting here having my tea (pasta) and you two are going on about all that is good in Scotland, smokies, deep fried mars bars, haggis etc, makes me want to go back on tour to that lovely place again. Unfortunately I don`t have my licence now so all I can do is wish and go on memories. By the way, no one has mentioned the very tasty ice cream you can get up there .

Kevan Portas

• VIP Member
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2016, 07:33:53 PM »
Deep fried ice cream Malcolm?

I know what you mean. I no longer get up that way, unfortunately. The company I now work for only have one tour coach, with a regular driver. Having said that, doing David Urquhart work, the only place it goes to north of the border is to their own hotel at Dunoon, for 5 days. Bloody long slog from East Anglia. No fun that.

The last time I was up there was on a Just Grot. However it was a 7 dayer to Carrbridge, so I have happy memories of Speyside, Inverness etc.

Good food, warm friendly people, and very few britannias. What more could you want?

alamcculloch

• VIP Member
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2016, 11:20:24 AM »
The Nardini family do us proud at Largs on the west Coast, also there are Vissochi"s at Broughty Ferry and Kirriemuir.They are my ice cream purveyors of choice. :dr

MalcolmM15

• VIP Member
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2016, 09:17:08 PM »
Kevan , was that a tour to the Carrbridge  hotel. Last time I was up there the couple who had it were a lovely couple  called Colin ( I think) and Teresa.

Kevan Portas

• VIP Member
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2016, 08:44:15 AM »
Yes, but about 3 years back Malcolm, so struggling to remember. They were still building the extra rooms round where the coaches park. Had a nice basement room though, down the side of the hotel overlooking the river. I do remember being given the beer vouchers. :drinks_nologo: . Happy days.