Author Topic: How long does it take for a provisional license to be issued?  (Read 19277 times)

BulldogBrit

How long does it take for a provisional license to be issued?
« on: January 19, 2015, 02:02:18 PM »
so, I've been waiting a week and a half for my provisional license...

Considering a recent change of address on my license only took 3 days from sending to getting it back, I'm wondering if I'm waiting a bit too long for my provisional license to return?

How long did other people have to wait?

On the application form it states I should have it within 3 weeks, or longer if medical or personal details have to be checked but that seems like ages to me!

Can anyone please enlighten me?

rriggs

• Administrator
  • Working for: Golden Boy Coaches
Re: How long does it take for a provisional license to be issued?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 02:35:12 PM »
Depending on how busy the DVLA are it's not unusual for them to go right up to the last day they estimate.  Do if they say three weeks you will get it literally on the last day of the three weeks!

They used to do this all the time years back and it was rare that you would ever get anything back early from them.  They often do "surprise and delight" no guarantees so you just have to hang in there!

Cheers

Rog
I bet Einstein turned himself all kinds of colours before he invented the lightbulb

BulldogBrit

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 05:05:04 PM »
Thanks for the reply Rog   :thumb_yello:

BulldogBrit

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 01:46:22 PM »
 :pissed:  GET A MOVE ON DVLA!  :disgust1:

Reached the three week mark yesterday since I sent off my provisional license application...still nothing!

So I filled in a form today from their web site..I hope this results in good news very soon!

Anyone else had problems like this with the DVLA?

rriggs

• Administrator
  • Working for: Golden Boy Coaches
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 04:12:59 PM »
Reached the three week mark yesterday since I sent off my provisional license application...still nothing!
That's harsh!  They do seem to go through peaks and troughs.  You hear plenty of stories like yours with people waiting for ages but then also plenty of stories of things being turned around very quickly.  I guess a steady number of staff with a highly fluctuating throughput...

Hopefully you'll hear really soon now!

Cheers

Rog
I bet Einstein turned himself all kinds of colours before he invented the lightbulb

BulldogBrit

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 10:50:54 AM »
I just recieved an email from the DVLA and the best they could ask is..."What is your middle name?"

Probably just an way of confirming who I am but I have given them my driver license number and other details...surely they know it is me!

rubberduck

• Hello :-)
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 03:30:44 AM »
What happened in the end? :-)